Here at X-Met Metals, we can collect a range of ferrous and non ferrous waste, as well as batteries, boilers and electronic waste, from across the North West, including Chorley, Rochdale, Salford and Oldham.
Important considerations for portable battery recycling for businesses
Recycling old UPS and portable batteries is something that many businesses may need to consider, on a regular or semi regular basis. And there are a number of important considerations to bear in mind in this regard. These considerations include:
- The WEEE directive- The waste of electrical and electronic equipment is something that is governed by the WEEE directive, and this aims to ensure that all electrical items are recycled legally and responsibly. For companies and businesses, this is a legal obligation that is essential to take into account. As a result, you will need to choose a professional team that can ensure that this obligation will be met.
- Different options for safe recycling- there are a number of different options open to companies that need to safely recycle their portable batteries. These include travelling to an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF), recycling the old UPS battery on purchase of a new one, or alternatively, getting in touch with an accredited waste disposal service company that is licensed by the UK Environment Agency. That’s what we offer, here at X-Met Metals.
- The regularity of recycling or disposal- businesses and companies should also consider the frequency or regularity of their need to dispose. Frequently recycling this kind of item can be something you can arrange with a professional accredited service to save time and hassle on a regular basis.
Choose X-Met Metals for portable battery recycling
There are a number of reasons why businesses across a range of industries should choose us here at X-Met Metals for professional portable battery recycling. These include:
- Hassle free collection- save time and fuel by getting in touch with X-Met Metals for collection of your scrap batteries. We come to you, wherever you are across the North West to collect your old UPS and portable batteries, at a time and place that suits you. This means you won’t need to take time out of the working day at all, and you can still meet your legal requirements.
- Great prices- we offer great prices for all portable batteries, so not only are you recycling, but you can also make some money too.
- Regular collections and contracts- we can establish regular collections and contracts tailored to suit the needs of your business, for regular collection whenever you need it.
For more information get in touch with the North West’s leading scrap metal merchants, X-Met Metals, today!