Old batteries that are no longer working, or will not hold their charge, are often a problem for individuals and businesses alike. But here at X-Met Metals, we offer a professional scrap metal collection service. And as part of this, we also accept batteries of all types and sizes, as well as WEEE waste, and portable batteries. So why should you choose to have your scrap batteries collected, and what are the other options for safe and legal battery disposal?
What to do with scrap batteries?
If you have scrap batteries, including lead acid batteries and portable appliance batteries, it can be difficult to know exactly what to do with them. In fact, some people even have a few in the garage, basement or attic at home, precisely because they don’t know how to dispose of these properly. Well, there are a number of things you can do with scrap batteries, including:
- Take them to a recycling centre- a recycling centre will take most of your batteries, including lithium ion batteries and rechargeable batteries.
- Throw them away- alkaline batteries in general can be thrown away of taken to the local refuse centre.
- Have them collected by us here at X-Met Metals!
Professional scrap battery collection in Manchester
For professional scrap battery collection and recycling, why not get in touch with the team here at X-Met Metals today. Not only do we accept a range of batteries for thorough recycling, but there are a range of benefits to choosing us for your battery recycling. These include:
- Full collection service- From Oldham to Leigh, and Bury to Warrington, we will collect your old batteries from wherever you are across the Greater Manchester region, and beyond. All you need to do is call to arrange a time and place for collection, and we’ll be there. Our vans are fitted with industrial scales, so for any of your scrap metal, we can weigh this and pay you on the spot.
- Great prices- we offer great prices for any battery, especially car batteries and other lead acid batteries and we will pay you on the spot, there and then. So why not cash your old batteries in, instead of simply dumping them?
So, if you have batteries that you are looking to cash in, why not get in touch today, with the team here at X-Met Metals. With our mobile collection service, we can come to you, wherever you are, and pay you for your batteries too.