Does your combi boiler PCB need replacing? If so, you should consider purchasing a second hand combi boiler PCB from us, here at X-Met Metals. We buy and sell a range of second hand and refurbished combination boiler parts across the North West, including Chorley, Frodsham, Manchester and Ormskirk. From full combination boilers, to fans, flues and valves, we have everything you need to get your boiler working again, for a fraction of the cost. As a result, we also buy and sell second hand combi boiler PCBs, But what is the combi boiler PCB? And how do you know when it needs replacing?
What is a combi boiler PCB?
So, first of all, what exactly is a PCB? And what does it do for your combination boiler? Well, a PCB is a Printed Circuit Board. This is essentially the part of the boiler that controls everything, from the air pressure, to the fan, to the temperature and the currents, the PCB is essentially at the centre of the boiler. This means it is an essential part of your combination boiler, and if this experiences any issues of faults, the rest of your boiler simply wont work properly either.
Does your combi boiler PCB need replacing?
So, how can you tell if your boiler problem is caused from a fault with the PCB, or because of another component? Well, this will need to be investigated by a professional gas and heating engineer to provide a definitive answer, and steps for improvements, but there are also a number of key signs to look out for. These include:
- Faulty display panel operation- the PCB is responsible for displaying updates to the user, but when this is not working correctly, you might notice a distorted effect, no display at all, or a series of flickering lights. However, its important to remember that many boiler systems use flashing lights to indicate faults, and so the flickering effect may be intentional.
- Burning smell- it is possible for your PCB to burn out over time, and this will release a burning smell from your boiler. However, this could be caused by other faulty parts too.
- Sporadic boiler function- the PCB is essential for controlling the boiler. So if your boiler sporadically loses function, or works effectively for short doses, this could be down to a faulty PCB.
Advantages of buying a second hand combi boiler pcb
So, if you have a fault with your combi boiler PCB, why should you consider buying a second hand replacement? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- Save money- replacing the broken part is usually always more cost effective than replacing the whole boiler. Especially if everything else is in good working order. And replacing a broken part, with a second hand one, is again cheaper than replacing this with a whole new part. this means that instead of struggling to finance your boiler repair, you can afford to get it working again in no time.
- Good working order- not all second hand boiler parts will be in full working order. But we only sell boiler parts that work efficiently and effectively, here at X-Met Metals. So you can be sure that you’re not wasting your money on a part that will break again in a few short months.
For more information or advice, why not get in touch with the team today, here at X-Met Metals?