With more focus on the environment, global warming and climate change than ever before, recycling has become more popular and more relevant than ever before. But did you know you could recycle your old cables? Cables make up a large segment of WEEE waste, as well as part of the household, commercial and industrial waste too. But these can easily and effectively be recycled, to prevent natural resources from going to waste. But how can you recycle your old cables quickly and easily? Well, here at X-Met Metals, we are leading scrap metal collection experts. We operate across the North West, including Wigan, Blackburn, Chorley, Manchester and Liverpool, and everywhere in between, to deliver a high quality service. And we will come to you, wherever you are, and collect a range of scrap including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, old combination boilers and WEEE waste. As well as old cables.
What type of cable can be recycled?
Here at X-Met Metals, we will pay for a range of cables, including but not limited to:
- Household Cable
- ACSR Aluminium Cable
- CNE Cable (Copper & Aluminium)
- Lead & Copper Cable
- PVC Bright Cable
- Bus Looms
- Tinned Cable
- Bright Cable
- Switch Bell Cable
- Greasy Cable
- Dry Poly Cable
The cable recycling process
Recycling cable is essential for preserving non-renewable resources, such as copper, as well as for preserving energy that would otherwise be used in the extraction and production of new metals. When cable is recycled, around 99.5% of clean metal can be obtained. This involves:
- Sorting the cables into individual grades, and then weighing these in order to determine the precise metal content.
- Pre-shedding the cables
- Processing and granulating the shredded plastic and copper
- Separating the plastic and metal using a waterbed system
- Recycling both the plastic and metal components
Sell scrap cable for recycling with X-Met Metals
So, why should you decide to recycle with us, here at X-Met Metals? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- We buy large quantities of cable
- We are sure to offer the best prices for any scrap, including cables
- We offer three payment methods: payment by cheque / bank transfer/ pre-paid card
- We travel to you, so you don’t need to come to the scrapyard, or transport your scrap across the region
- Flexible collection times to suit you and your requirements
- Friendly service, from local people
For professional, reliable, scrap metal solutions, get in touch with the team today, here at X-Met Metals.