Scrap tin is generally found as part of an alloy, as standard pure tin is quite a weak metal with few real purposes. But this doesn’t mean that scrap tin cant be recycled effectively? In fact, a range of tin alloys are regularly recycled and reused, reducing the environmental impact of mining and extraction, and supporting the manufacturing industry. if you have scrap tin, or any type of scrap metal, you should consider getting in touch with us here at X-Met Metals. We offer a high quality, professional mobile scrap collection service, and we will readily purchase your scrap tin. But what types of tin alloys do we accept? And why should you choose us for scrap tin collection in Preston?
What are the different types of tin alloys?
Because of its weak nature, tin is often used as an alloy combined with a range of other metals to create bronzes, and pewter, as well as a other metal materials like bearing metals, lead-based solders, and bell metal. As a result, there are a number of different types of tin alloy, and these are graded according to the percentage of tin within the alloy. These grades include:
- Block tin- with a high percentage of tin content, no less than 98% in fact, this is the highest grade of tin. This also contains no solder.
- Pewter- the second grade of tin is pewter, and this has no less than 84% tin content.
- High tin babbit- with a tin content percentage of no less than 78% high tin babbit is another strong tin based alloy.
- Sn/Sb solder- Sn/Sb solder scrap is typical common solder with 60% tin and 40% lead content
- Lead free solder scrap – this is majority tin solder with small amounts of silver and copper.
Why should you choose X-Met Metals for scrap tin collection in Preston?
There are a number of reasons why you should get in touch with us here at X-Met Metals for your scrap tin collection. These include:
- Great prices – we always offer the best possible prices for any scrap that we collect here at X-Met Metals. And if you use our mobile collection service, we will weigh and pay for your scrap on the spot, using one of three payment methods.
- Reliable collection service- our collection service covers a wide part of the North West, so wherever you are across the Preston area, we will be there on time, wherever and whenever you need us. So you dont need to waste time or fuel visiting a scrap yard.
- Great customer service- we strive to provide great customer service, even helping to grade and sort your metals so you get the best possible price.
For professional scrap metal collection in Preston, get in touch with the team today, here at X-Met Metals.