Here at X-Met Metals, we are the leading mobile scrap metal merchants across the North West. And we pride ourselves on our ability to make life easier for you, the customer. By collecting and paying for your scrap metal from your location, we can save you time and money. But did you know that scrap metal collection services can also help businesses and companies reduce their carbon footprint, and meet eco-friendly targets? Well, this is our guide to scrap metal collection and the environment.
Scrap metal collection and the environment
2019 is going to be a pivotal year for the environment. From the pollution and plastic in our oceans, to the melting polar ice caps, the environment will be a hot topic this year. And this will change company policies and practices in terms of recycling, reducing fuel and electricity, and generally being more environmentally friendly. If you work for or operate a company or business with eco-friendly policies currently, you’ll already understand what a minefield these can be. Especially for smaller businesses. But working with a professional scrap metal collection company could be a great solution for ensuring your waste is recycled appropriately. Like us, here at X-Met metals. We will collect, and pay for:
- ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- WEEE waste
- combination boilers
- cars and car parts including catalytic converters
Environmental advantages of scrap metal collection
So what are the environmental advantages of using our service? Well, our service could be beneficial for your company, because:
- the scrap metal is collected from you, on site. This means that you can cut down on fuel bills, saving money, and the environment.
- the scrap metal is recycled responsibly and legally, and you will have paperwork to show that you are recycling efficiently.
In addition, our scrap metal collection service is even better for the environment. All of the waste we collect is broken down and recycled effectively and efficiently. This means that it isn’t left to corrode into the environment, leaking toxins into the environment. Instead everything is stored and dealt with accordingly.
Scrap metal collection service
For professional scrap metal collection, straight to your door, why not get in touch with X-Met Metals today? We can:
- Collect your scrap metal on an ad-hoc basis, where you get in touch whenever you need items collecting. This is the best option for companies and businesses where scrap and waste is not generated very frequently. It means that you can save time delivering the waste to a scrapyard, and simply be paid at your door, at a convenient time and place.
- Arrange a contract for regular collection services at a time and place that suits you. This is great for companies that often generate a lot of waste, and want to help cut down on fuel and also save time.
For more information or advice about our mobile scrap metal service across the North West, get in touch with X-Met Metals today.