Steel is one of the most commonly used metals in industry and manufacturing, and as a result, recycling your scrap steel is important for industry and production. Here at X-Met Metals, we collect all sorts of scrap metal from the North West area, including Wigan, Leigh, Manchester and St Helens, and the wider North West region, including scrap steel. In fact, we take a range of different types of scrap steel, including high speed tool steel and stainless steel too. But why should you choose us for your scrap steel recycling? And what do you need to know about our scrap steel collection in Wigan?
Why should you choose X-Met Metals for scrap steel collection in Wigan?
There are a number of reasons why you should get in touch with X-Met Metals for your scrap steel to be collected and recycled effectively. These reasons include:
- Recycling all types of steel
- High quality services
- Fulfilling legal obligations
Recycling all types of steel
Here at X-Met Metals we will happily weigh and pay for a range of scrap metals and materials including old combination boilers and WEEE waste. Scrap steel is something we are always interested in, and we take all different types of steel, including:
- High speed tool steel- high speed tool steel is a specific type of tool steel that is most frequently used for cutting processes. this is because the high speed tool steel can withstand a high application temperature, and offers a very high strength. We offer great prices for any high speed tool steel you need to recycle.
- Stainless steel- stainless steel is widely recycled and is actually essential to the production of further steel. Recycled stainless steel can be sorted into two different categories, as we can accept both types, including:
- Reclaimed scrap- scrap stainless steel that has been used, and reached the end of it’s life, is known as reclaimed steel. This could include steel used in industrial equipment or domestic equipment like washing machines and refrigerators.
- Industrial scrap- industrial returns or production off-cuts from manufacturing are known as industrial scrap.
High quality services
When you choose us here at X-Met Metals, you can be sure of a high level of customer service and satisfaction. We will arrange a time and a place to collect your scrap steel from you, wherever that may be across the Wigan or North West area, and we make sure to turn up on time. Once there we will help you sort and grade your scrap, before weighing this and paying you for it on the spot. We offer the best possible prices for any scrap steel.
So why not get in touch with the team today, here at X-Met Metals?